• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollover Slidelet Glitch

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been experiencing an issue with rollover slidelets where sometimes, when I try to close the slidelet, it repeatedly opens back up on its own. This also happens to slidelets that don't stick. As a result, a page will pause mid-load/fade-in because for some reason, the slidelet's content is open without user action.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible you can provide some further details please?

First, could you tell us what version of Captivate you are using?

To solve it...

It may be that the cursor is sitting over where the slidelet trigger is as the slide loads?

It may be worth changing the slidelets appearance time to a couple of seconds into the slide so they don't "start" to be active until the slide has faded in.

If this fails, is it possible you could provide the .cp/.cptx file so we can have a look at what is happening?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you facing this issue for all the rollover slidelets? Just as an experiment, you can create a new project, insert a rollover slidelet and then check whether you are facing the issue and let us know.

Thanks,
Vikranth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 5 and I have consistently faced this issue throughout courses I've been making in the past few months. I tried out what you said and created a very basic project with 3 rollover slidelets on 1 slide and was able to recreate the glitch after a few times. What basically happens is that down below, you see that slidelet 2 is open. When I try to close it, it will open right up again by itself and repeatedly do so despite all attempts to close the slidelet. When you go forward in the course and then back to this slide, the slidelet will STILL be open, preventing the slide to load because it is paused due to the slidelet being open.

Screen shot 2011-07-19 at 2.52.38 PM.png

If it helps, my settings for the slidelets are that I set them to "stick" and I set the duration to 999 seconds. All elements within the slidelet last for the duration of the slidelet. None of the slidelets are overlapping anything.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

From the screenshot I do see that the (or another?) rollover area is covered up by the rollover slidelet, that is the issue! If you close it, you are rolling over again over that rollover area, thus the slidelet opens again. Try not to have both on top of each other,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Lilybiri. The rollover area and slidelet are actually not on top of each other. The rollover areas are on the right where the empty blue boxes are and the slidelets are on the left. The blue box on the left is only because I didn't remove the border stroke. Sorry for not making that clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I was going to agree with Lilybiri as it does appear that the rollover area is underneath the slidelet, however if you are saying this isn't the case...

Can you share the .cptx file with us in some way?

I've tried to re-create your slide but cannot find a problem when doing it myself.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources