1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 7:29 PM by clsimeone

Newbie - Problem with Mixed Format Edits...

clsimeone Level 1

Hi,

I have just made the jump from Sony Vegas 8 to Premiere Pro CS5.5 a few days ago and I am having a problem working with mixed format edits.

I have video shot with two HDV cameras and one DSLR.

I created an HDV 1080i sequence and the HDV clips runs great.  When I add the .mov clip to the sequence, the .mov clip slows downs and gets all jittery,.

As an experiment, I created a DSLR 1080p sequence and .mov clip runs great in that sequence.

But now I have two timelines and don't know how to sync them for a multi-cam sequence.

What can I do to resolve this problem and either have all my video clips on the same timeline, or at least be able to sync multiple sequences.

I have thought about converting the .mov to a .m2t file, but I'm not sure what to use to do that and if that is even necessary with Premiere Pro CS5.5.

I hope I stated my probelm clearly as I am very new to video editing.

Thanks!

Chris

• 1. Re: Newbie - Problem with Mixed Format Edits... (update)
          clsimeone Level 1

So I think I know what is happening and it probably does not have anything to do with mixed formats.

What I have noticed is if the HDV video is track 1 and the .mov video is track 2 and I play the video, I'm assuming Premiere is playing both tracks simultaneously and that is taxing my CPU.

sshot-1.png

When I slide track 1 past the end of the clips on track 2 (the .mov file), it plays perfectly.

sshot-2.png

I suppose I can use the razor tool to slice up my video, but is there a better way to do this?

I want to sync the clips at a certain point for a multi-cam sequence.

Thanks

Chris