3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 7:55 PM by kglad

flash players

wtsherman

I am looking for a video player that can be embedded in a web page and can play .swf files.  I have tried Strobe Media Playback but it has a lot of bugs to it for .swf.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: flash players
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you don't need a player to display swf files.  just embed the swf in an html page.

a flash video player would be used to play flash video or flv files.

• 2. Re: flash players
            wtsherman Level 1

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I was not clear in my opening remarks.  I want a player so that I can start/pause/stop the flash video at any point during the video.  There does not seem to be much support for this which surprises me.

I have tried some converters to change the .swf files to .mp4 so that I could use a player on the market like JW.  However, the conversion results were terrible on the three converters I tried.  I don't think that is a viable route.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: flash players
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

flash video is an flv file.  when you say flash video is that what you mean or do you mean a swf file?

if you mean a swf file, you can build your own player.  you can use the main timeline's stop(), play(), and gotoAndPlay() methods to stop, play and fastforward and rewind the main timeline.