Ha! Thank you very much. I glossed over that file because the readme.txt says that it's for Netscape (Netscape, in 2011?!).
It worked just fine thanks, though now that I'm taking a good hard look at it, there are still very small tearing problems, just no where near what was originally happening.
Has anyone found a permanent fix for Flash VSYNC with Windows XP? It seems to be a recurring problem.
Just for laughs, here's a copy/paste from the readme:
The following files are available for your use:
Flash Player 9,0,280,0
- Internet Explorer: flashplayer9r280_winax.exe
- Netscape: flashplayer9r280_win.exe
- Standalone: flashplayer9r280_win_sa.exe
Mac OS PowerPC
- Plugin: flashplayer9r280_mac.dmg
Mac OS Intel
- Plugin: flashplayer9r280_ub_mac.dmg
- Standalone: flashplayer9r280_mac_sa.app.zip
- Plugin: flashplayer9r280_linux.tar.gz
- Standalone: flashplayer9r280_linux_sa.tar.gz