11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 6:44 AM by sharchi

Frame blend for default!!!

augustido

Hi I'm using Premiere from ever...but I'm very angry that now frame blend is not selected for default anymore... So I'm working everytime with pal 576i sequence...and I edit all my clip with speed at 70 or 60%, for rallenty. So I have to add the option "frame blend" manually to every clips that I put on Timeline! Beore Cs5 "frame blend" was activated on every clip that we put on every sequence. So can you add the possibility to make "frame blend" by default to every clip on the preferences menu of Premiere or better on preferences of new sequence! I think that it's very IMPORTANT! P.S. There's also a bug...if I select any clip in project panel and select there "frame blend", when I take these clips and put theme on sequence "frame blend" will not be selected anymore. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
          Colin Brougham Level 6

I'm very angry that now frame blend is not selected for default anymore...

The majority of users were not happy that Frame Blend was the default. You can't make everybody happy.

Why not just select all your clips in the sequence, right-click on one of them, and select Frame Blend? That enables frame blending for all selected clips.

if I select any clip in project panel and select there "frame blend", when I take these clips and put theme on sequence "frame blend" will not be selected anymore.

Report it here: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
            augustido Level 1

Yes I select all clips and do right click.....but always it happens that after you put other clips, and I have to remember always to check this to all of them...

And I've to do this always also when I finish my project, and sometimes it can happen that I forget, so my rallenty will be very very UGLY!

So let users choose by preference menu sequence...or not?

Anyway thanks for your reply.

• 3. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
              Colin Brougham Level 6
              So let users choose by preference menu sequence...or not?

Sure; you can use the same form to request it: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

(We're all just users here like you, so that's the best way to let Adobe know what you want.)

• 4. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                Jim_Simon Level 8

for rallenty.

Huh?

• 5. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the export settings there is a checkbox for Frame Blend.

If you turn that on it effects all the clips.

Or select all clips in the timeline and turn Frame Blend on in one go, does not matter if some of them have all ready been set.

• 6. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                    augustido Level 1

"In the export settings there is a checkbox for Frame Blend."

I've already tried it, but if those clips in timeline was not frame blend, this checkbox isn't useful...

"Or select all clips in the timeline and turn Frame Blend on in one go, does not matter if some of them have all ready been set."

Yes I know, but I've always to remember this!!

So it's not more simply if in sequence interlaced "frame blend" for default and in progressive not...or choose in preference sequence?

Thanks for your reply.

• 7. Re: Frame blend for default!!!

It use to be default on.

Many complaints so Adobe turned it off.

Just select all clips and set it on.

Make a feature request.

• 8. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                        Colin Brougham Level 6

In the export settings there is a checkbox for Frame Blend.

If you turn that on it effects all the clips.

Ann,

This Frame Blend command has a different effect. It doesn't control frame blending for individual clips in a sequence, but rather, dictates whether an exported video uses frame blending if the source frame rate is different than the destination frame rate. If the source and destination frame rates are the same, then it won't have any effect.

• 9. Re: Frame blend for default!!!

OK, thank you for the explanation.

• 10. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                            johng12345 Level 1

Hi all,

Just a small quick comment.  In past PP versions you could not turn frame blending off except for going though each and every chip in you project. I think the is why people preferred to have it turned off in the first place. This is a downfall so to speak in the PP software as a whole. There is just so much time wasted doing routine boring tasks like this one and others. I don't thnk adobe software is written that well. Some parts are nice but others could be a lot better. Like incooperating  a slow-mo eding feature that incooperates the shuttlepro to create an action to record the slow-mo in real time. I have done this by taking my video camera and recording the screen of my actions using the shuttlepro and the jog dial to precisly show the slow motion. I can easily run the clip in slow forward rewind at just about any speed and play it again. This is what slow-mo recording should be. And ths is partly what i am talking about. Back to the subject. A computer is good for one main purpose, to perform these boring routine tasks and a computer can do it well leaving the editor to concentrate on the creative process. For those of you that have a iPhone 4 or 4s or an ipad1 or iPad2 check out both iMovie for video and Photoforg2 for photo editing. Photoforge2 in particular will give you an idea of what I am talking about when I talking about powerful ease of use software. Also iMovie shows this point and I will give a short example...

Say I want to email a 1080p video. Imove on the iphone tells me that the movie is to long/big to send. Instead of having me the user cut down and edit the movie to the right size imovie does the work for me and lets me confirm the resulting movie. I can use a slider to adjust the portion i want to send. Also imove compresses it and put it in the right format to send. These are all, things that are time comsuming for the user but a computer and well written software can perform well.

• 11. Re: Frame blend for default!!!
                              sharchi Level 1

I have some digitized 25fps PAL SD 576i footage that is being exported to 25fps h264 progressive prior to youtube upload. I am finding that a direct export out of Premiere CS5.5.2 with the Frame Blend option checked (in export settings, not on timeline) will give me a nice frame blended image, whereas sending it to Adobe Media Encoder queue gives me horrible motion interlacing artifacts. Selecting timeline clips and enabling frame blend from there doesnt work in AME either, nor any number of option combos. What the heck is going on?!