1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 10:32 AM by Scott R. Hamilton

Control reference error, for no evident reason

Scott R. Hamilton Level 1

A module in my projects copies in an ActionScript file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" width="718" height="974" backgroundColor="#FCF9EC">

<mx:Script source="InsMenuMPEvt_MySQL.as"/>
          <mx:Script source="SqlQuery.as"/>

This ActionScript code (in InsMenuMPEvt_MySQL.as ) references an object in the module:

switch(event.token.param){

case "InsertMenu":
                  //tiInsRetCode.text = "OK"
                  if (event.result.results.error == "") {
                    tiInsRetCode.text = "OK";
                  }           
                  else {
                    tiInsRetCode.text = "NOK";                   
                  }
              break;

The compiler generates an error:

1120: Access of undefined property tiInsRetCode.    InsMenuMPEvt_MySQL.as    /Culinaria/bin-release/src    line 81    Flex Problem

although the property is defined in the module:

<mx:TextInput height="22" width="54" id="tiInsRetCode" fontWeight="normal" fontSize="10" textAlign="center"/>

This has been working for months and now for no reason that I can fathom, the compiler is generating this error and an error for every other reference to an object in a module that includes the ActionScript file.

• 1. Re: Control reference error, for no evident reason
          Scott R. Hamilton Level 1

This is getting crazier by the minute.

I've been trying everything under the sun to get rid of this problem. I have removed a different Module from the Project->Properties->Modules screen, a module that has no reference to the variable flagged as not defined and now the .as file is not generating any compile errors.

So in a nutshell:

Module A  <mx:Script source="Src.as"/>  defines a text control wiith id="x"

Module B  <mx:Script source="Src.as"/>  does not define a text control wiith id="x"

Src.as references  control wiith id="x" generating a compiler error - 1120: Access of undefined property x.    Src.as

If Module B is removed from the project's Module list there is no error!