0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 8:35 AM by zonum6

Problem Saving PDF files with Adobe Reader X

zonum6

Hello,

I am having some issues saving pdf files in reader X with Protected Mode Enabled. I have seen others with similar issues and the solution has been to disable Protected Mode, however, that completley defeats the purpose of having it.

The issue is that whenever we go to save a pdf file anywhere on the C: drive we get the following error.

"THE DOCUMENT COULD NOT BE SAVED. THE DISK YOU WERE SAVING TO OR THE DISK USED FOR TEMPORARY FILES IS FULL. FREE SOME SPACE ON THE DISK AND TRY AGAIN, OR SAVE TO A DIFFERENT DISK."

Keep in mind I am logged in with full adminstrative rights to the machine and the disk has 150gb of free space.

I do have a way to fix it but this is NOT a good fix. I spoke with our CSO about it and he just laughed.

If I add the Local computer/USERS group to the Root of the C: drive with List Folder Contents permissions it does work.

I just can't understand for the life of me why having Local Computer/Administrators group with full control of the root and it won't let me save to the C: drive.

Any information you guys out there have would be so nice!!!

BTW: These are all Windows XP SP3 machines.

Thanks in advance

-James