0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2009 1:36 PM by qharms

Cannot connect Contribute to WordPress blog hosted on Startlogic

I installed WordPress on the server where my website is hosted. I want to use Contribute to work on that blog. When I try to set up connections, I specify "other hosts" and I enter the URL of the blog. After I enter that URL, I can click the "browse" button and display the blog. When I clicke "next" I am asked for the ID and password, presumably because Contribute has identified the API connection. I enter the same ID and password that works successfuly when I log in to wp-admin on that server. However, I receive a message that Contribute cannot connect to the Blog.
      I am able to connect successfully to my publicly hosted WordPress blog. I identified the file to which Contribute is connecting for the publicly hosted blog, and I found the same file in my WordPress installation on my Startlogic server. However, when I specify that path and filename in Contribute, the connection fails, saying it cannot connect to the server.
      I opened a ticket with my hosting service, Startlogic, and the support techs believe I should be able to connect with the ID qatharms that works fine on wp-admin. However, that ID doesn't work, and Startlogic cannot tell me what is going wrong. Can anybody here give me a clue?