3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 8:20 PM by Colin Brougham Branched to a new discussion.

FCP XML

khsargenius

Hi there,

I want to log (create clip data, notes and subclips) for an existing FCP project. The Project already has bins set up in FCP and I want to retain those. The reason I'm looking at doing this in Premiere is that I don't have access to FCP.

According to this: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WSd9957a95a81082eb28f05af5126718c47be-800 0.html an XML export from FCP should retain the data I'd need so all good there.

My question is, if I export an XML from Premiere to import into FCP will all the bin, clip data and subclips be intact?

Cheers,

Kim

• 1. Re: FCP XML
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Should be; just don't select any sequences in your FCP project when you go to export the XML. That way, you'll preserve the project setup, bins, clips, and so on instead of just selected sequences.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FCP XML
            khsargenius Level 1

Thanx Colin! Will give it a try!

cheers,

Kim

• 3. Re: FCP XML
              Colin Brougham Level 6

You're welcome. I don't use this workflow too often, but I know there are many more people using this now as they transition from FCP to Premiere Pro. Note that it's not a 100% perfect process, especially with complicated sequences; bins, clips, and the like should be OK. If you run into any snags, post back as I'm sure more seasoned "translators" could give you a hand.

Good luck!