4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 9:38 AM by Jeff S GP2

Audio playback

Jeff S GP2 Level 1

Is it possible to playback (ram preview)  audio from the current timeline position?
      Currently I have to move the comp beginning in point in order to have it start where I want.. which is kind of a hassle.

thanks

Jeff

• 1. Re: Audio playback
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Audio previews should obey the "From current time" option in the preview panel just like normal RAM previews. If they don't and AE still only plays the entire audio it could mean you have a config problem with your audio devices or are working with compressed sources, which require to be fully decoded so AE can do a "mix" to RAM before playing...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Audio playback
            Jeff S GP2 Level 1

Thanks, Mylenium.

I imagine most audio sources are compressed in some fashion,  unless it's an original .wav form (which would be heavy).
            In my case, I'm also using a .wav file,  but it was compressed to some extent.

Still,  I'm able to playback audio from the current time position using  the "Del" key on the numeric keyboard,  but this only plays back audio,  not the video. 
            I'd like to preview both audio and video "from current position" if possible.

After re-reading the keyboard shortcuts list, I'm not sure if it's even possible.

thanks

Jeff

• 3. Re: Audio playback
              Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

As Mylenium told you, make sure you ticked 'From Current Time' checkbox in Preview panel.

Should work fine. At least it does for mp3...

AE. RAM preview from current position.jpg

• 4. Re: Audio playback
                Jeff S GP2 Level 1

After reloading my project, it now works..

Great...thanks for the help! 

Jeff