3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 6:47 AM by DawMatt

    Localization Lightroom SDK

    fovitan


      By API, pretend that you have a TranslatedString_en.txt with a simple content below:

      "$$$/Export/PluginName=MYPLUGIN_en"

       

      ..and in your info.lua file, you declare like this:

       

          LrPluginName = LOC "$$$/Export/PluginName=MYPLUGIN_en_TEST",

       

      What will display in plugin manager? MYPLUGIN_en or MYPLUGIN_en_TEST?  and why?

       

       

      Br,
      Fovitan

        • 1. Re: Localization Lightroom SDK
          Runaway_Martian

          If you actually have the .txt file in your plugin directory for the language Lightroom is using it will replace the coded one with the one from text file, otherwise it defaults to the hard coded one.

          • 2. Re: Localization Lightroom SDK
            fovitan Level 1

            Hi, thanks for the answer. I known how it's works, but the reason I asked it's because, I've tried it, and it show up the hardcore one, but not from the text file.  Be aware that I only tried the enlish version, not the other.

             

             

            Br,

            Fovitan

            • 3. Re: Localization Lightroom SDK
              DawMatt Level 3

              Hi,

               

              fovitan wrote:

               

              Hi, thanks for the answer. I known how it's works, but the reason I asked it's because, I've tried it, and it show up the hardcore one, but not from the text file.  Be aware that I only tried the enlish version, not the other.

               

              In your original post you mentioned a TranslatedString_en.txt file. I believe that should be TranslatedStrings_en.txt . i.e. the file name should be a plural. That would explain the issue if the filename you typed in your first post was correct.

               

              Matt