3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 7:18 AM by Ramjivk

Script that Selects All items on all pages

oz_Rafael

Is possible to copy all content in all pages ? , I'm creating a contact sheet(like yearbook page) with datamerge of a bunch of students, so I create a merge document with all students in individual pages (photo , name/other datas at the botton- 3x4 cm ) and I want to paste all in a 20x25 cm document with "paste grid option" , without have to export , then later select in my pc , then paste again .

Hope a good soul aswer that ^^.

thanks

(sorry my bad english)

• 1. Re: Script that Selects All items on all pages
          SuperMacGuy Level 2

No, you can't select all items on all pages at one time. You could select all items on 1 page, and then do an operation; you can repeat with all items on each page.

But really, it sounds like you need to change how you do a data merge. You can use data merge to put multiple items on 1 page, it will repeat and create a new set of frames for each record. Check out some tutorials on that. Here's an old one using CS3:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_O8751Cc8

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Script that Selects All items on all pages
            oz_Rafael Level 1

I used multiple page merge, but is limited for design the grid, I have to imput values , The reasom that I want to do like I told is to use de paste grid option (hold Crtl+Shift ) making diferent layouts (some classes have 15 students..other have 35 +) according to the number of entries of the class.

There is no way to imput data both on master page and the the pages of a document?  It will be very usefull, to have the names of the students, and a single info in the multiple record page created with the class all at once.

• 3. Re: Script that Selects All items on all pages
              Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

You have told, you could select all items on 1 page, and then do an operation; you can repeat with all items on each page.

can you help me how do i repeat the operation on each page of the selected items and export to JPEG file?

thanks.