2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 5:00 AM by Peter Spier

Delete a threaded frame in a document

Pool Mejhad

Hi,

i'm working with indesign since 2 weeks and i can't understand why seems to be impossible to delete a threaded text frames without it flows into the next frame in succession.

In a impaginated document for example, i don't want that the text flows over the others pages, because i just want the text frame to be discarded, so the next pages remains correct and with the same settings.

I've read a lot in the manual but can't find something about this.

Thanks in advance,

Mehjad

• 1. Re: Delete a threaded frame in a document
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

That's the way it works. If you want to delete the text in a threaded frame along with the frame you must select and delete that text using the text tool, either before or after removing the frame.

• 2. Re: Delete a threaded frame in a document
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Let me add that there is a sample script that is included with recent versions of InDesign that will isolate a single frame and remove it, and the content, from the thread, which might be an easier method fot you -- select the frame, runt the script, then delete. The script is called BreakFrame.jsx and you should find it in the Scripts panel under Application > Samples folder > javascript folder. Double-click it to run, or assign a keyboard shortcut to it.