1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 11:20 PM by Dominic Michael

First time in years CS3 is asking for a password, I don't know it, what to do?

bobshepfell

I don't know my password and it has never asked for it before. What can I do? I need to get into the site!

• 1. Re: First time in years CS3 is asking for a password, I don't know it, what to do?
          Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

Did it ask for the startup password? You might have set the password in the security settings under Preferences.

If you did remember the password, you can clear the Contribute preferences and reconnect to the sites.

How to Clear Contribute preferences?

In Windows -

• Quit Contribute.
          • Go  to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local  Settings\Application Data\Adobe\ and delete the Contribute CS3 folder.  (In Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\ and delete the Contribute  CS3 folder.)
          • Also, run reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute 4.1" /f

In Mac -

• Quit Contribute.
          • Go to Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and delete Contribute CS3 folder.
          • Also, go to Users/<username>/Library/Preferences and delete Adobe Contribute 4.1 Preferences file.

Note: Clearing preferences will remove all the existing connections. It is like the fresh installation of Contribute.

Please revert back for any clarifications.