3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 12:38 PM by EPSHG

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with Text Variables?

EPSHG

Last question for now, I promise!

So, continuing on this template, I have Text Variables at the top of each page that operate based off of a paragraph style called section header.  Page one - four denote the proper section title at the top.  However, on page 5 and 6, they revert to page one and two's title.  Page 7 and 8 are properly denoted.

My content is set up as one seamless story from page 1 to page 8 with section headers breaking up the content (I needed to do this to properly number all the entries).  If I add anything to page 5, it affects 5 and 6.  Page 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all the same section.

Here is a picture of my variable definition that I am using.  Before I made everything one seamless story, I broke up each section with a text box below another text box that held the section title, which made the text variable work perfectly.Untitled.png

EDIT: When I changed some content around and made section 1 only one page, section 2 worked properly.  What did I do wrong to make it repeat section one in the middle of section two?

EDIT2: Further editing brought it back...