Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connection for Source DataConnection failed because the environment is not trusted

Level 2

I'm new to Livecycle ES2 and I have searched high and low to find a reason as to why this error keeps occuring?? After I close the error message box, my drop-downs fill with ONLY the first record in my DB. I'm currently using SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Provider to connect to SQL Server 2008(This may not be correct as well). The end goal is to bind my form fields to the SQL database to pre-populate them and allow the user to complete the remainder of the form to then submit the data back to the SQL DB. I HAVE accomplished this goal by setting up a DSN through ODBC, however, this is NOT an option for my current project so I need to figure something else out.

PLEASE HELP, IM GOING NUTS!

5 Replies

Level 6

Still trying to help you out with this.  Does this happen both when opening the file in Reader (not preview in Designer), preview in Designer or both?

Level 2

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for sticking with me, this issue occurs in both Designer and in Reader. I have tried everything and haven't found any answers online. I've looked back through Stefans forumsas well and cannot find out anything.

Level 2

UPDATE:

I apologize, I was wrong, it does not work in Designer or Acrobat, but it DOES work in Reader. Any auggestions as to what's going on there??

Level 6

Not really.  I've found this statement: "if you’re previewing the form in Designer, then Acrobat actually thinks it’s running in a browser which means it may be running under a lowered-permissions user (like IUSR_{username} — the Internet Guest Account) ".  I don't know how true this is.

Are you using integrated authentication or SQL user/password?  There's a checkbox on the user/password setup screen for a trusted connection.

Level 2

I'm using SQL user/pwd. But here' something else I just noticed. I have a drop-down list hooked up to an SQL table. In order for all of the records to show up in the drop-down, I need to do a File/Save As in Livecycle, and save the form as an Adobe Static PDF Form. If I don't, only the first record shows up. Here's the issue. For this project, I need to add a button with a click event to add a new instance of a sub-form. The only way I know of to do that is to save the form as an Adobe Dynamic XML Form. Any ideas on this?