New to PP 5.5.0 (coming from FCP). I'm using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card for external monitoring and I'm having 2 issues:
1. I can view video out thru the card but don't get audio when playing from the sequence or program monitor no matter what audio output source I choose in Preferences > Audio Hardware (even after relaunching PP). Audio meters show the correct levels.
2. Neither video nor audio will play out through the card to the external monitor when playing a clip from the source monitor.
My test clip is a PP generated Bars & Tone clip, DVCPro HD 1080i that I've placed into a project created with the Blackmagic DVCProHD 1080 59.94i preset.
Here're my system Specs:
- Mac Pro tower 2 x 3GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1900 512MB VRAM, OSX 10.6.6, dual Dell monitors
- 8.2 Beta 3 Intensity Driver for Mac
- PPro 5.5
- External Video Monitor
Hope to hear from all you some possible solutions.
This sounds like some settings need to be changed in Adobe and Midi/Audio in OSX. BTW did you change your media player to Blackmagic under the preferences yet and then try playing the clips in the source monitor?
Thanks for the tips. Got some success:
1. Choosing -> Preferences -> Player Settings -> Blackmagic Design Playback
Now I get both video & audio out to the external monitor via the intensity pro card when using a Blackmagic preset sequence.
One thing that is interesting is that if I use a Premiere sequence setting, I can get video & audio out via the intensity card from the Source Monitor but not the Program Monitor.
Another interesting observation is that when using a Blackmagic preset and the Blackmagic Playback, that audio out can't be split, i.e., no matter what I choose under Preferences -> Audio Hardware -> Default Device, audio and video both come out via the intensity card. When using a Premiere preset audio can be routed to other devices including the Intensity Pro card audio out.