3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2011 11:25 AM by marytro

how to get page one to animate only once in interactive pdf?

marytro

how to get page one to animate only once in interactive pdf? I like when the document opens up in acrobat and the the page animations work but when I go to one of the pages and hit my designated home button it goes back to page one but it reloads again. As a user it would drive me crazy to have to wait for all of it to load......anyway to have that page one load once as the opening page?

• 1. Re: how to get page one to animate only once in interactive pdf?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think you really mean animations (unless you have a placed SWF file) because things created with the Animation panel don't work in PDF. Nonetheless, you're talking about some kind of interactivity which is set to happen On Page Load.

So when you return to that page, of course the interactivity loads again.

There isn't a On Page Load Once command.

Perhaps you need to rethink why the interactivity is there. If it's important, maybe it should be triggered by a rollover or by clicking a button.

• 2. Re: how to get page one to animate only once in interactive pdf?
            marytro Level 1

well you are absolutely right about the swf file as opposed to the pdf file....I really liked the way it looks as it loads but  what you are saying is that even in SWF mode you can't have everything....so it seems that i either have it load everytime or have it static.....am I reading this right???

BTW thanks for getting back to me...Mary

• 3. Re: how to get page one to animate only once in interactive pdf?
              marytro Level 1

Hi again. I am having a real problem trying to get a button to link to my clients website. I have other buttons that go directly to websites and work fine, however I have tried over the past two days and still can not get to their website. When I click on the button I have attached what comes up on screen. Does it have anything to do with the 20% that comes after the .com???? I have typed and re-typed it a million times......any ideas.....not great to have their brochure that doesn't link back to their site. Any help would be so appreciated.