1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 7:07 AM by UbuntuPenguin

pegasus: a PostgreSQL driver for AS3

msakrejda Level 4

(shameless plug alert and crosspost alert: I figured this belonged in Flash/AS3 so I put it there, but since I spent most of my time in this forum back when I was more active, I wanted to drop a note here as well, especially since it could be especially handy in AIR applications--it even comes with an AIR demo app)

I recently tagged the first version of pegasus, a native ActionScript implementation of the PostgreSQL database wire protocol.  Using this library, you can connect from a Flash application directly  to PostgreSQL (subject to the usual networking restrictions).

https://github.com/deafbybeheading/pegasus

This  is the first release version so it's a little rough around the edges,  but it supports a couple of the  simpler authentication modes, basic  interaction through both simple and parameterized queries, the  PostgreSQL LISTEN/NOTIFY protocol, and basic data types: text, integers  (32-bit and smaller), floats, and booleans. Like PostgreSQL itself, it  is BSD-licensed so you can use it more or less anywhere.

Please let me know what you think and if you use it in your project.