9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2011 11:48 AM by Todd_Kopriva

    Any idea how I might achieve this effect?

    Molgaard Level 1

      I want a gap to rip open in one of my layers of footage, revealing the one below. Like as if someone were to punch through a sheet of paper from behind, leaving a jagged hole. The torn edges should bend toward the viewer, distorting the surrounding area of footage accordingly.


      I have AE and PS (CS5) at my disposal, but no 3D programs. I've tried using the pen tool with animated masks and some distortion, but it didn't look too convincing. If anyone knows of a good method for this, or a plugin, it'd be much appreciated.