4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 8:25 AM by Peter Spier

multiple questions

diespy

Hello, I have Adobe design standard 5.5 for PS and Illustrator and have been liking Indesign. I am completely NEW to it though. I have writings I'd like to assemble into a booklet of sorts and have a couple questions

1. Can I apply a text box to every page?

2. Is there a way to format the text to be a certain font and size? Like headings:

CHAPTER EXAMPLE

smaller font for chapter "slogan"

Anything else that will help would be great too. Thanks a lot to whoever answers!

• 1. Re: multiple questions
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Standard advice to newbies.

1. Buy Sandee Cohen's Visual Quick Start Guide: http://amzn.to/k2bkxg

That's the best $20 you'll spend.

2. If you learn better by watching Lynda.com has some terrific video training. This link will get you a one week trial: http://bit.ly/fcGpiI

The first thing you want to look into are paragraph styles.

Bob

• 2. Re: multiple questions
            macinbytes Level 4

You should pick up sandee cohen visual quickstart guide from Amazon. It will get you much further than the forums.

to your questions.

1. On new document choose master text frame. Adjust margins to adjust frame size.

2. Adjust in your character panel or control bar. learn on paragraph styles to make life easier. Use font settings like I have here for a sharp B2B look. It will stimulate turnkey eyeballs and facilitate web readiness.

Screen shot 2011-07-14 at 11.09.27 AM.png

• 3. Re: multiple questions
              Derek Cross Level 6

Yes you can do all those things and a trillion things more in InDesign and the other applications. But you need to undertake some training. There are lots of books and online training available, for example: Lynda.com. Set up some simple practise pages to get the hang of things before you launch into your masterpiece!

• 4. Re: multiple questions
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Think twice, though, about Master Text Frames.

In most cases they are not required to do what you might want to do (ID makes text frames on the fly) and they wind up being a real hindrence in many cases.