2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 6:09 PM by LBumpus

Blurry Text Issues

LBumpus

I love Fireworks for creating headers and footers but it seems like the text is always blurry.  Are there any tips you can give.  I have Anti-alias set to crisp and have upped the quality.  Any other tips? I would very much appreciate them!!

Thanks, Laura

• 1. Re: Blurry Text Issues
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

There are some things you can do. The choice of fonts is very important. The best fonts for Web work are evenly weighted, with strong horizontal or vertical stress and high x-heights. Open type fonts seem to generate smoother outlines and scale better in Fireworks than their TrueType equivalents. Fonts used for graphic text benefit from increased spacing between the characters. Fonts rarely scale well below 12 pixels. If you need a small typeface, use one that was designed that way instead of scaling down an existing font. Always scale in multiples of two, 12, 14, 16, 18 etc., instead of 13, 15, 17, etc. One of my favorite tricks is to make the text a really huge size, convert it to a bitmap, and then reduce the bitmap text to the size I need. Also, make sure you are viewing the document window at 100% size.

• 2. Re: Blurry Text Issues
            LBumpus Level 1

Thank you so much Linda!! Your advice really helped.  I also

used a crisp anti-alias and optimised quality and selective quality and that seemed to help

a lot too.

Thanks for your help!!

Laura