10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 2:55 PM by George_Johnson

Is it possible to create a cc'd email address from a text field that connects to a submit button?

samwell13

I was told I should submit this question to the scripting forum... I am wondering if this is at all possible in Acrobat, because so far I have not been able to do it, but a client would like us to:

I have a "Submit Request" button that includes the email addresses of desired recipients of a PDF form. But the client also wants the person who is filling out the form to be cc'd in the email that is sent to other recipients. So in the field where the person enters their email address on the form, is it possible to somehow have that email address show up in the cc'd section of the email that is sent when the person hits the "Submit Request" at the bottom of the form?

As far as I can see, the only way to get the form emailed to anyone is to list pre-chosen email addresses in the actions section of the submit button. This is why I haven't been able to figure out how to get a randomly entered email address in a text field to also be cc'd.

Hope this makes sense and any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!