4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2011 6:48 AM by Ned Murphy

Minor changes to website

Craig Banks

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post.  I had a web developer create my photography website, www.craigbanksphoto.com in Flash but he is no longer available to do any more work.

I need a few minor changes done to my site such as changing the text on the About page and also changing it so that when you view a picture in any of the galleriess the background is completely black, right now it just fades out the text and thumbnails and is not entirely black.

I have never used Flash before but am pretty good with Photoshop, Illustrator and a little bit of Dreamweaver.  Would these changes be difficult for someone who has never used Flash but can pick things up fairly quickly?  I have all the files for my website, any suggestions where I should look first to make the changes I require.

Thanks,

Craig!

• 1. Re: Minor changes to website
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the site is done using Flash and the elements you wish to change are not dynamically loaded via some external data files (txt or xml files for example), then you need to edit the content via the Flash .fla source file(s) which are used to create the swf files that get used for the site.  Your best bet is to create a copy of all the files so that you have clean copies in case you mess up and open then up and see if you can figure out where to find what you need to change and how to change it.

• 2. Re: Minor changes to website
            Craig Banks Level 1

Thanks Ned! Somewhat of a late reply, I know, I may just be one of the busiest people on the planet.  Finally have some time to work on my website, should I be looking in the main fla or the index fla file?

• 3. Re: Minor changes to website
              Craig Banks Level 1

Ok, so I've worked out how to change the text on the About page and was wondering if you might know how I can change the the url to where the fb button on my site goes to? It currently goes to my fan page wall but I want it to go to a welcome page?

• 4. Re: Minor changes to website
                Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You'll need to find the code for the fb button and change it to access the welcome page.  I know that's not very helpful, but you have to realize you are the only one who has a clue how your site is designed... both of your last two questions are simply not answerable without having first hand knowledge of what you are working with.