2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2011 7:59 AM by the_wine_snob

Title Scrolls Too Fast

VAWINETV

I am using Premiere Elements 9 and am adding a scrolling title from the Title menu. When I play back the frame, the title scrolls too quickly to read the credits. I lengthed the timeline in the Timeline using the Time Scretch tool, but this just adds blank frames before and after the scrolling credits. The credits do not stretch and slow, the scroll at the same speed sandwiched between beginning and ending empty frames. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Title Scrolls Too Fast
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't use Time Stretch on titles.

As I point out in my books, you control the speed of a title by shortening or lengthening it on your timeline. The longer it is, the slower it will play.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Title Scrolls Too Fast
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the Forum.

Steve has given you the method of increasing the Duration of the Title - just click+drag on the Tail, to get the necessary Duration. This will also slow the animation Title Roll Preset.

If that still does not give you what you want, regarding the speed of the Title's Roll, I would suggest removing that animation Preset (it's easy to apply, but limited in control), and instead using the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position and Keyframing that Fixed Effect to manually create the Roll. Steve covers Keyframing nicely in his Basic Keyframing tutorials at Muvipix.com. I strongly recommend going through that multi-part tutorial, as the concept of Keyframes can be daunting at first, but all time spent getting up to speed with them, will pay dividend over time. Keyframes can be applied to most Effects, both Fixed or added.

With the Motion>Position Keyframs, one can control the speed of the Roll, can pause it, if desired, and can then animate it to Roll offscreeen. Multiple Effects can be Keyframed on the same Title too.

While easy to apply, I cannot recall the last time that I used one of the animation Presets, since Keyframes offer infinite control.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions on Keyframing, after reading Steve's tutorials.

Hunt