7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2011 9:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Transitions Question

ehanna2323

I am unable to get the transitions to work in my project, they show up in the timeline,I have also rendered them as well. Ive watched the video on how to install them, but on playback they do not work. Any suggestions would be Greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Transitions Question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us about the Clips, to which you applied the Transition, and how they were edited, before the application of the Transition(s)?

Also, is this all Transitions, or just some?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Transitions Question
            ehanna2323 Level 1

Thanks Hunt for responding, What i have is video that was transferred from old 8mm. The (original) Video when played back is choppy from when they started and stoped the video.It goes from scene to scene as you can imagine. So what i have done was go in to the source screen and Mark in and mark out of the selected video then hit insert to the time line. When i was done "chopping"  the video ,I went back and inserted the Transitions as the "Help Video on Transitions" showed. But on play back it was as if I never inserted the transitions.I even rendered before i played back, the line at the top of the timeline is green. I only tried using the Cross dissolve in the video.

• 3. Re: Transitions Question
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Read the Help file on the subject of "handles".

• 4. Re: Transitions Question
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for those details. They confirm what I suspected, and what Jim mentioned - lack of Handles. To supplement the Help Files, which cover them well, also see this ARTICLE. Note: you will see some of the same examples, that you will find in the Help Files, as a lot was directly from them, or others.

Good luck, and with a bit more Trimming, you should get exactly what you want.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Transitions Question
                  ehanna2323 Level 1

Thanks Bill I will give that a go Working with this 8mm Movie is kinda tricky to try and get a smooth transition from scene to scene.

• 6. Re: Transitions Question
                    ehanna2323 Level 1

Thanks Jim didnt want to forget you!!

Ed

• 7. Re: Transitions Question
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Ed,

It's easy to accommodate Handles, when shooting, by starting the camera ~ 2 - 3 sec. before any "action," and then by continuing to shoot for ~ 2 - 3 sec., after any "action." When one has footage, that is not so easy, when one has existing footage, that might have been shot too tightly, to begin with. It all starts in the filming/videography, and can make life much easier in post-production.

Good luck,

Hunt