Hi,

I am starting to have issues importing slides into Captivate 4
projects.  The project I am importing appears 'clean.'  The
destination project slides fail when I import one or many into a blank
project.  This leads me to think the source file is corrupt, (even
though I am working with a unedited master project) or my system (Win
XP) is unstable.  I have downloaded all Captivate updates, and even
ran another install.

If you could point me to a solution for this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Henry

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Hello,

No, should be sufficient, have used CP4 extensively with 2GB RAM. Of course it depends also on the size of the files.

Only other possibility is something corrupted: could be a slide or an object. Only way to find the culprit is to create a new blank file and copy/paste slide per slide.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not sure if it will help, but solved some similar issues for other users: close CP and delete the Preferences file. It is 'captivate_v40.dat' and you'll find it in your profile;  users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming  It is a system file, so you'll perhaps have to make them visible. Delete this file when CP is closed, a fresh one will be created when you restart the program.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and offer a solution.  I deleted the '.dat' file, but to no avail.  I even moved the required projects to the 'My Captivate Projects' directory.

I am thinking it is a system issue, though Captivate 4 has its 'nuances.'  I don't think the amount (lack of?) of free hard drive space (7.8 GB) nor the amount of memory (3.5 GB RAM) would pose a problem for Captivate.

I'll keep digging...

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No, should be sufficient, have used CP4 extensively with 2GB RAM. Of course it depends also on the size of the files.

Only other possibility is something corrupted: could be a slide or an object. Only way to find the culprit is to create a new blank file and copy/paste slide per slide.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Well, the copy/paste did not work, either.  Whether source >> desitination, or destination >> source, no go.  I _can_ import the simulation into a blank project, but the source file won't go.  Even using a 'clean' source file (one, or many slides) into a blank project won't go.

I have done an uninstall, and reinstall on this machine, but to no avail.  My next step is an uninstall on one machine and an install on another machine.  This sure is fun...  But, I'm convinced someone (in this forum, or globally) has seen this behavior, and knows the fix.  I just have to find them 8-)

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources