3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2011 1:01 AM by Hawkeye334

Camera Raw overview

Hawkeye334 Level 1

I'm looking for a pdf version of an overview of Adobe Camera Raw (CS5), anyone come across this?

BTW there are some really good (in my opinion) pdf tutorials in Photoshop Essentials.com - but there does not appear to be one for ACR!

Hawkeye 

• 1. Re: Camera Raw overview
          PBoehme Level 1

Some unknown guy named Jeff Schewe (I think that he occasionally shows up on this forum) has a book titled "Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5".  I have it and a previous edition that was co-authored with the late great Bruce Fraser.  It has pretty much everything that you could ever want to know about Camera Raw and more (almost 500 pages worth).  It would behoove you to get this book and read it from cover to cover (or at least use it as a reference book).  You can get it as a real paper book or as an "ugh" e-book.  Sorry, but geezers like to write in the margin, dog ear pages, use post-its or even tear out pages.

Actually, Jeff is known far and wide a a Camera Raw guru who knows a thing or two about this raw converter that once was just a mere plug-in for Photoshop, but has outgrown its britches.  Things have changed over the last few years and it almost seems like Photoshop is the plug-in to Camera Raw now.

Paula

• 2. Re: Camera Raw overview
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

PBoehme wrote:

You can get it as a real paper book or as an "ugh" e-book.  Sorry, but geezers like to write in the margin, dog ear pages, use post-its or even tear out pages.

Yeah, I hear ya...personally, I can't really recommend the ebook version of the book because I really don't like the way it was ported from InDesign to the ebook format. Hopefully the next version (can't tell ya when) will be handled better...but thanks for the kind words about the real paper version.

• 3. Re: Camera Raw overview
              Hawkeye334 Level 1

Thanks to you both.

Jeff - your book 'Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5' will be with me tomorrow via Amazon.co.uk