3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 9:56 PM by Radhakrishna Bhat

Can i change the content assist order?

IceT

Hi, the content assist order of suggestions should first show the templates. As it is, they're last on the list. This is very counter-intuitive.

Does anyone know away to hack this configuration?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Can i change the content assist order?
          Guriya Kalyani

Hi, The order in which 'content assist' is listed, can be found at 'Windows > Preferences > FlashBuilder > Editors>ActionScript Code > Content Assist Cycling

But by default its the 'Templates' first. You can but change the order as per your convinience

• 2. Re: Can i change the content assist order?
            IceT Level 1

Sorry for the late answer, thanks for the reply. However that didn`t work. It only affects the 2nd cycling, not the first. So I still need TWO Ctrl + Space to get to the templates. I would like to get to them with one.

Not only that  but when you don`t find a matching template it's even worse, because then I have to get back to the first cycle if I want to settle for a Class/Component instead.

Thanks anyway

• 3. Re: Can i change the content assist order?
              Radhakrishna Bhat Level 3

Hi,

First Cycle will always show 'All' proposals. The order of rest of the Cycles that follow can be customized in FlashBuilder->Editors->ActionScript Code->Cycling

First cycle will also have templates in it. If you type in full word of template and if auto-insert is true in preferences, the template will be inserted automatically when cntr+space is pressed.

1 person found this helpful