2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2011 4:25 PM by msp1518

Is there a clearer video tutorial on zooming and panning in on clip than this?

msp1518 Level 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0kt60VAyb8&feature=related

This is sort of helpful, but despite over thre hours work, I cannot get my clip to do what I want.

I need Video Tutorials, not text instruction. i'm dyslexic and simply see gobbldeegupe when looking at written instructions.

Thanks, everyone.

This is the clip in question...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LWzo5n_sg

I want to zoom in to avoid seeing my lady at right of screen, who basically stopped acting in the scene.   The zoom in will be effective anyway, since we are zooming in on an annoyed man. The image would need to zoom in, but not the center of the image. So a pan up also needs to be applied.

• 1. Re: Is there a clearer video tutorial on zooming and panning in on clip than this?
          msp1518 Level 1

Well, I figured out somerthing right after posting this, but would still love a clearer tutorial.

• 2. Re: Is there a clearer video tutorial on zooming and panning in on clip than this?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

That Tutorial covers the basic mechanics of a Pan & Zoom with Keyframes on the Fixed Effects>Motion>Scale (Zoom) and Motion>Position (Pan).

The next step is to learn about Interpolation in Keyframes, where one can adjust how things appear. The Keyframes, that the author used were Linear, so they start at full-speed and end at full-speed. Through Interpolation, one can adjust how the motions begin and end. The Help File covers Keyframe Interpolation ver well, and as there are quite a few choices, with different results, is important when one chooses to alter Interpolation.

What aspects would you like more detail on?

Only thing that I saw, that I would have included, would have been near the end, when the author click-drags on the last Keyframes, one at a time. That can be done, but one can also Lasso the Keyframes, and drag them all together. I'd have shown each way. I would also have shown the "scrubby" characteristic of the numerical coordinate box, as that can be useful too. Many operations in PrPro have more than one way to do things, and to cover each, does make a better tutorial.

Let us know what else could/should be added, or where you are having an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - rather than the graphical change in Position, that the author used, I usually rely on the numbers, but there is nothing wrong with the graphical method - just personal choice and how one likes to work.