• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does one clean ones cache in FlashBuilder?

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project. Everthing was working fine... except I started to realise that things were doing things it is not supposed e.g. If I add a button (a simple button). During run time it does not appear. I then started deleting code to create a run time error but during run time the project works 100%. The net result is, I cannot do anything to the project because the outcome is always the same??????????

How does one clean ones cache?

Can somebody please advise me?

Dimitri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Caches are flushed when you do Project -> Clean.

Does turning Project -> "Build automatically" off and using Project -> Build manually fix your issue?

Are you using a lot of modules? Would it be possible to share your project?

Note: A common scenario when changes are not seen in output is when your class/MXML file is not being used by any of the applications of modules in the project (library projects are not affected by this). In that case, the compiler will ignore the file making it seem like it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find a similar problem going to 4.5 from 4.0 - it used to be that clicking "run" or "debug" would use the very latest additions to the code, now I find sometimes I have to run it twice to get the changes in the code to appear, or first do a save and wait till it is saved, as the run or debug seems to gallop ahead of the process of saving/checking the latest changes.

It is a bit different to your behaviour, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caches are flushed when you do Project -> Clean.

Does turning Project -> "Build automatically" off and using Project -> Build manually fix your issue?

Are you using a lot of modules? Would it be possible to share your project?

Note: A common scenario when changes are not seen in output is when your class/MXML file is not being used by any of the applications of modules in the project (library projects are not affected by this). In that case, the compiler will ignore the file making it seem like it hasn't picked up your changes.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses.

There are no extra modules. I cleaned the cache as both of you have recomended but still it did not work. I eventually restarted the project from start.... and it works. Sorry Anirudh I did not read your reply until now i.e. I did not do the "Build automatically" thang.

So it is working now. Thank you! Thank you to both of you.

Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same problem now, and I didn't manage to solve it, even changing workspace and etc...
But, in fact, my project has a lot of modules and images, because this is a 2.5D mmorpg game...
What I need to do to solve this problem? There is some configuration for big projects with several modules?

I checked to "Build Automatically"... But even after building, my changes aren't applied, my SWF isn't changing its file size compared to the previous one, even when I  add or change internal images (embed) to/from my project. The only thing that changes is the creation date of the file, nothing more.

I've tried everything, all kinds of "solutions" that I found in the internet and forums, but nothing works. I tried to clean my project, clean my browser cache, reinstall my program, rebuild my workspace... But nothing works. The old code always remains there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines