3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2007 4:07 PM by OlejnikP

SWF & FLV video Problem

OlejnikP
      I have a player that plays FLV files. However, instead of pulling the FLV, I'm trying to pull an existing SWF file that grabs the FLV.

I want to do this because there are some interactions inside the SWF. The interaction piece (a block moving) comes through but the video never kicks in. Nevertheless, whenever I access the SWF directly, then video kicks in.

Is this a NetConnection error or am I not allowed to link from an SWF to another SWF (playerSkin.swf)?

Please help, I really want to start making my videos more interactive, but untill I get a better grasp on this problem, I'm stuck

Thank you.

Peter

• 1. Re: SWF & FLV video Problem
          Peter Lorent Level 2
          >> Nevertheless, whenever I access the SWF directly, then video kicks in.
          Indicates a path problem. Try using:
          this._lockroot=true;
          in playerSkin.swf (if that is the swf that contains the NetConnection object)

>>am I not allowed to link from an SWF to another SWF
          If everything is on the same domain, that shouldn't be a problem.
          • 2. Re: SWF & FLV video Problem
            Rothrock Level 5
            More specifically. The problem is most likely that you are requesting the external FLV relative to the position of the second SWF, not the original one, right?

Whenever working with external assets – from a swf embedded in an html or a projector – the location of external files is relative to the original source of the Flash player. So for html pages it is the html page – not the embedded swf or any swf that may subsequently be loaded. And for a projector, it is the initial projector file.
            • 3. SWF & FLV video Problem
              OlejnikP Level 1
              That's correct...

I'm trying to link to a SWF that already pulls a FLV. So you would suggest putting the files all in one directory? I'll attempt to place the code as suggested above, only I'm not sure where is best since I'm editing a XML file, but I do have access to the .as file.

To give you a better sense of my problem...here's two links. The first one is to the working video, and the second is the player. If you click on the third tumbnail within the player, you'll see the problem.

The SWF I'm calling:
              http://media.mass.gov/dor/wfb/wfbintro.swf

The player I'm embedding to:
              http://media.mass.gov/dor/flvplayer/playerSkin.swf

Lastly, I notice that the resolution is also lost since you can see the bar.