1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 12:24 PM by rtalton

plot a graph on flash file and embed that flash file on asp.net web page

AndieDu

Dear all,

First of all, i have to say i am a newbie in terms of creating flash with Adobe Flex, so plz execuse my naive question in here first.

I am currently using SVG on my web page to visualise the data from our back end sql database, and since svg is kind of dumped by adobe (adobe hasnt updated the svg viewer since 2009??), and we now decided to use flash to visually present the data on asp.net web page.

my thought is: when the data fetched from database, then the flash editor (probably flex builder) is able to hook that data and plot a graph based on those data, and then asp.net will embed that flash into a web page.

if my thought is reasonable, is there a way to do it, or any geeks in here can shed me a another approach?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: plot a graph on flash file and embed that flash file on asp.net web page
          rtalton Level 4

You're on the right track. A simple way might be:

Create a Flex chart which calls for the data (using HTTPService, for example) when it is loaded by the page, and embed it in your page as a widget that lives on its own. You can add buttons to the widget to interact with it, change the data, sort the data, etc.

Trying to embed the chart after the page has already loaded may be problematic, so that's why I'm suggesting it be permenantly embedded as a widget on the page. Make sense?