Same player versions in all cases?
There are different player versions on every different machine, and in general flash player works on each of the different platforms I am testing my application on (e.g., hulu, you tube, etc. work fine on all the machines I am testing with, but the only browser where my app works in the Linux Firefox 3.6.17 with shockwave flash 10.3 r181).
I try the same swf file in the following browsers/machines, and here is what I get:
- Linux 32b Firefox 3.6.17 Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Linux 64b flashplayerdebugger v 10,2,159,1
- Linux 32b flashplayerdebugger v 10,2,159,1
Doesn't Work (blank screen):
- Linux 64b Firefox 5.0 Shockwave Flash 10.3 d162
- Linux 64b Chromium 12.0.728.0 Shockwave Flash 10.3 d162
- Windows XP, IE 8.0.6001.18702 Shockwave Flash 10,1,82,76
- Windows XP, Firefox 4.0.1 Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
Is there some sort of console or something that I can use when in a browser to see if an error message are being printed or to add some trace statements?
See if the debugger will attach and set breakpoints on
LayoutManager.as:doPhasedInstantiation. A typical app calls it about a
dozen times before showing up on screen.
I have found that my app works in all the browswers when I compile with flex version 4.1.0. When I compile with 4.5.1, however, no gui elements appear and I get a blank screen.
I don't seem to need anything that 4.5.1 offers over 4.1.0, so for now I will work with 4.1.0 so I can push forward.