2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 4:08 AM by SriniU

call java method in application container

SriniU

Hi All,

I have a requirement, when the application invokes every time, the end user details should fetch from database and display in the frontend. Like username, designation,work location and so on. Can you help me with example or sample code?

I have tried <mx:application initialize="getUserDetails()"> and set the return in label controls. But , I getting values like [ObjectAsyncToken].

Note, I have binded the java class with actionscript as well. e.g UserDetails.java as UserDetails.as

Thanks

Srini.

• 1. Re: call java method in application container
          EvyatarBH Level 3

Maybe you should debug the application to see the structure of ObjectAsyncToken and in which attribute of it the required data is located.

In addition, sometimes servers can return at first only paging information to be used on next call for specific page data...

• 2. Re: call java method in application container
            SriniU Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I am using eclipse and flex plugin. when I run the flex application in debug mode it saying my flash player is not version 9.

can we call server method in mxml (when application initialize) like we used to do in java and jsp in form tag onload method to call server side?

if you have any sample code snippet please share with me

Thanks

Srini