3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 1:12 PM by Peter Spier

ID CS4 ink aliasing not working

Mnietek

Ink aliasing settings are ignored during exporting BOOK to pdf (entire book or selected document/s).

Why?

Pdf exported from InDesign after opening document (File -> Export) is OK.

ID CS 4 (6.0.6), Win 7 64bit

______

sorry for my English

• 1. Re: ID CS4 ink aliasing not working
          Mnietek Level 1

Another problem: I have custom spot color that has been imported from illustrator file.

When I change the color in Illustrator, InDesign does not update the color.

Why? How can I redefine spot colors imported from external files?

• 2. Re: ID CS4 ink aliasing not working
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Haven't had a chance to look at the first half of your question yest, but if for the second half either redfine the swatch in ID or delte the art, then delete the swatch, and re-Place the art to bring in the new swatch definition.

• 3. Re: ID CS4 ink aliasing not working
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm not sure what you are doing, or waht's happening, but I've crashed three different machines running 6.0.5 (haven't installed 6.0.6 for reasons related to a book revision I'm working on with linked AI files) trying to export a test book with two docs containing Pantone Swatches aliased to another color. I suspect this is a bug, and ifg it wasn't fixed in 6.0.6 it's very unlikley it will ever get fixed.

The same files work fine in CS5, where the behavior is that whatever the ink alias settings are in the synchroization source file will be used throughout the book unless you set something different by invoking the ink manager in the export dialog.