1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 12:30 PM by Flex harUI

HELP!!!!   Problems loading Flex 3.6 module into a Flex 4 app

SPGAnne Level 1

I thought the transition from Flex 3.6 to Flex 4.5.1 would be hard, but it's even worse than I anticipated.  I'm still struggling with getting styles and fonts to work with a mix of spark and mx controls, and now a bunch of modules I wrote in Flex 3.6 won't load.  I am getting this:

Error: Compatibility version has already been read

In the Flex app that does the module loading, I have compiled with the 4.5.1 sdk in FlashBuilder with these 2 compiler options :

-theme=${flexlib}/themes/Halo/halo.swc
      -includes=mx.managers.systemClasses.MarshallingSupport

I thought the Marshall Support was what I needed, but no dice...I still get the error.

I tried going back to my modules (which are in a separate project and setting them to compile with sdk 4.5.1 and I get all kinds of errors like it no longer knows about the direction attribute in mx.charts.GridLines, and it can't handle paddingBottom on components that extend Canvas (even though I am compiling the modules with the -theme=$[flexlib}/themes/Halo/halo.swc) I feel like I'm pulling on an a piece of string in an ENORMOUS ball of yarn.  I'm on a tight deadline.  I'm thinking I need to totally abandon the 4.5.1 sdk and go back to 3.6 which was working just fine.

Any suggestions?!?!?