4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 11:18 AM by Alan Craven-Y3Asuo

I need an advice

st.jimmei

hello, I have to start using adobe premiere as soon as possible, I didn' buy the program yet. Someone know if it would work properly on a Laptop Toshiba Satellite C660-11P  Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4500 2.3GHz, 2GB, 250GB ?

thank you !

• 1. Re: I need an advice
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need...

Laptop Video Editing PC http://www.sagernotebook.com/
          -or http://www.adkvideoediting.com/systems/viewsystem.cfm?recordid=118
          -or another brand laptop with the following features
          -the newer sandy bridge 2720 or 2820 quad processor
          -and nvidia graphics preferably the 460m, 485m is a bit much
          -1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card
          -and 8 or 16 gig ram and Win7 64bit Pro
          -and 2 internal 7200 HDDs minimum

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I need an advice
            st.jimmei Level 1

thank you

I don't need the best, just to learn how to use the program, cuz i'm gonna work with another comp, but this one i have home

• 3. Re: I need an advice
              Harm Millaard Level 7

If you enjoy regular freezes, crashes and a speed slower than molasses in winter, you can try, but don't complain if it does not work. That system is at least 150 times slower than a fast system and does not meet minimum requirements for editing DV, let alone anything more than that.

Adobe Forums: System requirements for CS5

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: I need an advice
                Alan Craven-Y3Asuo Level 1

I am afraid that the Toshiba will not run Premiere CS5 as its screen resolution of 1366x768 does not meet the minimum required resolution, which is1600x900. Also it does not have a dedicated graphics card.

If all you want to edit is HDV then I can guarantee that the Sony VPCF13M8E/B (sold in the UK) will run CS5 perfectly well, and without seeming sluggish.  I cannot say what its capabilities are with 1920x1080 material as I have no experience of that, but I would be surprised if it did not work fairly well, provided you keep the layers of video to 1 or 2, givne its performance with HDV.

I researched this extensively a few months back, and this was the cheapest laptop that I could locate in the UK that would run CS5.

Bear in mind that your laptop also needs an NVidia graphics card with at least 1GB of its own memory built in, or you will be without MPE, then Harm's analogy of Molasses might have some substance!