I have a two-page indesign document which is 24.5 inches wide and 9 inch tall.
As we move through the production cycle I need to supply my client with
Actual size files for review.
The current process is to distill a PDF.
(1) Open in acrobat Pro
(2) Crop from the Right (all pages)
(3) Save as part one (two page PDF)
(5) Crop from Right and Left (all pages)
(6) Save as part two (two page PDF)
(8) Crop from the Left (all pages)
(9) Save as part three (two page PDF)
(10) Combine all three files (two pages each) into a six page PDF
(11) Move pages 2 and 4, after page 5
(12) Save new file
Any thoughts as to how to automate this process?
Sounds to me like maybe this should be laid out as individual pages in ID, but I'm having a hard time picturing what the file looks like.
Why distill instead of Export?
See my answer in the Acrobat forum.