• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I add my custom javascript?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add some javascript to be called when displaying a topic. We have a snippet at the footer of each topic that calls the javascript and also has the copyright text. That call to the javascript function the snippet inserts seems to be getting included at the end of each topic's html  just fine.

Now I wanted to include the javascript function that is getting called by the footer snippet only once not within each topic so I put it in the whutils.js . But unfortunately the whutils.js file seems to overwritten any time the help html project is compiled.

Is there a recommended best practice for where to include custom javascript source that won't get trounced during RoboHelp compile?

thanks for any help.

C

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Welcome to our community

Typically I will create a .JS text file that contains my functions and add that to baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Typically I will create a .JS text file that contains my functions and add that to baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with developers who inject javascript into HTML reference pages in my project, so I came up against this same problem myself last year. I chose the "work around" (and I use the term loosely) of overwriting these HTML pages during the compile!  (I probably shouldn't admit to this.) I didn't see any other way, since I am also generating AIR output.

Rick's solution of placing the js files as baggage files seems more prudent.   The only problem I have is that these same HTML pages are originally produced from a development program called Sandcastle, and then I import them into my project.  There are hundreds of them and they do not have "human-readable" names.  The only way I get them to appear in my output is to edit the .hcc file in my project to include the Sandcastle TOC.  I would not be able to TOC them manually if they were baggage files...much less reproduce the intricate Sandcastle TOC structure.

Any suggestions as to how I could be working smarter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can look into scripting in RoboHelp. You can use a script to import the HTML files and recreate the TOC in RoboHelp. That might save you from manually editing RoboHelp files. See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WS98613C7C-EF5B-48e9-A91A-D2AABB882687.html for more information.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp