4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 4:54 AM by raj_cap

Auto Record in Software Simulation

WillJake
      Hi, I am attempting to create a software simulation of CATIA V5.

Only the first frame gets recorded. No mouse activity or selections frames are created after the initial frame. Then the only way to end/save the session is to activate Captivate in the task bar.

I have tested the Software Simulation Auto mode with other softwares, Maya, Max, and Adobe products, and it seems to work ok. Problem is, CATIA V5 is my focus software.
        • 1. Re: Auto Record in Software Simulation
          M_Anand Level 3
          Hi WillJake,

1. Do you have mouse clicks when Automatic recording is on on CATIA V5? If yes, do you get the camera sound whenever you do a mouse click during recording?

If you do nott have any mouse click then I would advise you to use Full Motion Recording. You can end the recording by pressing the "End" key on the keyboard.

-Manish
          http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

• 2. Re: Auto Record in Software Simulation
            WillJake Level 1
            I get mouse clicks, and the associated sound, sporadically, about every fourth or fifth action.

The only way to stop the Captivate 4 session is to first select the Captivate button on the task bar, then I can select the "End" button and the session ends.
            Full Motion Recording catches more of the action but still not all.
            For Example:

I Select File, the action gets recorded
            I select New, the action NOT recorded
            This brings up a new project window, the window is recorded
            I select part out of the options list, action NOT recorded.

This is a bit frustrating because C4 works with other apps but CATIA V5 is the ONE I need to record.
            • 3. Re: Auto Record in Software Simulation
              WillJake Level 1
              I get mouse clicks, and the associated sound, sporadically, about every fourth or fifth action.

The only way to stop the Captivate 4 session is to first select the Captivate button on the task bar, then I can select the "End" button and the session ends.
              Full Motion Recording catches more of the action but still not all.
              For Example:

I Select File, the action gets recorded
              I select New, the action NOT recorded
              This brings up a new project window, the window is recorded
              I select part out of the options list, action NOT recorded.

This is a bit frustrating because C4 works with other apps but CATIA V5 is the ONE I need to record.
              • 4. Re: Auto Record in Software Simulation
                raj_cap
                From your description it seems that you are able to record some of the actions but not all .
                Can you do following steps and see if it makes any difference -
                1 - > During recording when you are at red rectangle form with black side strips - Click on settings.
                2 - > Go to Recording->Settings.
                3 - > the option "Capture interim screenshot". Make sure it is checked.
                Then start the recording. See if it helps you.

Also what is the configuration of machine you are using.