2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 7:45 AM by bogiesan

"Dirty Lens" effect

knekke8

I want to create the effect of a camera focused on dirt on the lens, like in this video from :22 to :35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3uBlxEec5g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

The blur is no problem, but I'm puzzled how to create the illusion of the lightned dirt. I do have Optical Flares available, if thats neccesary.

Thanks for any ideas

• 1. Re: "Dirty Lens" effect
          chande a k Level 1

Lens dirt effect or any other such type of effect can be created in Photoshop save it as  .png format..and then bring that image file in after effect put it on the top layer adjust opacity and/or blur effect so as to look it natural, and it is done

• 2. Re: "Dirty Lens" effect
            bogiesan Level 4

While it can be simulated, it will always look that way. Put some dust and junk on a piece of glass, backlight it heavily, put your video lens into macro mode (pr get one), set it up in a darkened garage and shoot it as video. Move the light around like the sun moving while the camera moves.

Ever since After Effects was CoSA, folks have been trying to find ways to fake optical or practical reffects. Shoot 'em!

bogiesan