5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 2:15 PM by drkstr_1

Flex System Requirements (Win 7)

BOG10

Hello All.

I've been tasked with identifying which versions of Flex are certified for use on Windows 7.

So far I have only had luck locating the the System Requirements page for what I assume is the current version:  http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/systemreqs/.

Can anyone provide the System Requirements for Flex 2, 3, and 4?

Thank you for your help!

Bryan

• 1. Re: Flex System Requirements (Win 7)
          UbuntuPenguin Level 4

Do you mean Flex the SDK, or Flashbuilder the IDE or Flash ?  I didn't know people still worried about certification of software made in the past 5 years ?

• 2. Re: Flex System Requirements (Win 7)
            BOG10 Level 1

Flex SDK and Flex Builder.

Oh absolutely.  In my role I still come across software that isn't certified for the latest OS versions.  Sometimes in cases where the vendor says it will work on the latest OS, such as Windows 7, there are still issues.  We need to be certain that software provided to our users will work as expected and is supported if there are problems.

• 3. Re: Flex System Requirements (Win 7)
              UbuntuPenguin Level 4

You can't download any other the earlier Flash/FlexBuilder IDE's so their compatibility is irrelevant, but this link shows the requirements for Flashbuilder 4.5

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-builder/tech-specs.html

Requirements for Windows.

Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista® Ultimate or Enterprise (32 bit or 64 bit running in 32-bit mode), Windows Server® 2008 (32 bit), or Windows® 7 (32 bit or 64 bit running in 32-bit mode)

If this post was helpful please mark it as such.

• 4. Re: Flex System Requirements (Win 7)
                BOG10 Level 1

Valid point regarding the ability to download older versions, but what if we already have older versions?

We have SAP software, specifically Xcelsius SDK 2008 SP4, which states in its system requirements that it is certified for Windows 7 yet it will only work with Flex SDK 2.0.  This is part of the reason why I created this post.  If it turns out that Flex 2.0 is not compatible with Windows 7 then we have a problem with SAP Xcelsius SDK.

• 5. Re: Flex System Requirements (Win 7)
                  drkstr_1 Level 4

Flex has nothing to do with system compatibility. It's just a framework.

I think what you mean to be looking for is compatibility of the flash player version. You can then see what the mininimum flash player version is required for which framework version. To my knowledge any flash player version that will run Flex will run in windows 7.