2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 8:58 AM by Gregory Lafrance

Strange Side Effects

released87
      Hi,

I recently re-organized my Flex projects. I took them out of the Flex Builder 3 default folder and put them in an easier location. However when I did this I experienced some strange side effects. First of all, the ContentAssist does not seem to work anymore, and I've tried for several different projects. Also, the 'Outline' view displays a '!' for root and doesn't display any other nodes.

Also, what seemed stranger is that some code had to be tweaked to work again that was working fine before the switch. Because there was an old copy of a Site and a new copy, it seemed like the 2 merged and so some code was old and some was new.

So basically I am curious whether there might be some config files or something that was altered negatively in the move. I tried cleaning all of the projects without any luck.

Thanks in advance,
      Jesse
        • 1. Re: Strange Side Effects
          Level 7

"released87" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gqg2vh$5mc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I recently re-organized my Flex projects. I took them out of the Flex
          > Builder
          > 3 default folder and put them in an easier location. However when I did
          > this I
          > experienced some strange side effects. First of all, the ContentAssist
          > does not
          > seem to work anymore, and I've tried for several different projects. Also,
          > the
          > 'Outline' view displays a '!' for root and doesn't display any other
          > nodes.
          >
          > Also, what seemed stranger is that some code had to be tweaked to work
          > again
          > that was working fine before the switch. Because there was an old copy of
          > a
          > Site and a new copy, it seemed like the 2 merged and so some code was old
          > and
          > some was new.
          >
          > So basically I am curious whether there might be some config files or
          > something that was altered negatively in the move. I tried cleaning all of
          > the
          > projects without any luck.

Did you create a workspace in the new location? I have about 5 work spaces
          in different locations, and I don't have any of these problems. Also, did
          you import the projects into your new workspace?

• 2. Re: Strange Side Effects
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            If you just move files around after they are created, you could have problems like this. It's always better to do an export/import to a new location. In your case, if you want to change the location of the source files within a project, you may need to create a new project with a different source file locations specified, and then copy/paste code to the default .mxml file created for the new project.