Expand my Community achievements bar.

Previous Email submit on form doesn't work

Former Community Member

I had a beautiful form I had created months ago. It had an email submit button (that worked), that would send to multiple people, and not to me.

Now, all of a sudden, the email submit had defaulted to MY email address, and in LiveCycle when I tried to fix it, I get the triangle with the exclamation mark over the button in design view saying the email address is invalid. It's not even supposed to send to me...

Can anyone provide insight on this, in easy to understand terms?

5 Replies

Level 10

Did you change your designer version recently? Usually this won't happen unless someone opens the form and edit it.

Try to remove the button and place another email button with proper email address mentioned.

I'm facing a strange problem with my designer: Sometimes, the code written in some events gets cleared automatically. Not sure if this happens to you as well.

Let me know your designer version.

Nith

Former Community Member

I have LIveCycle ES 8.2 which hasn't been changed since installation a year ago.

The way I was told from Adobe to create the email submit was to use the regular "button" object and make the control type "submit", etc. I've tried to redo the button and I'm still getting the error in LiveCycle. Any ideas? The "email submit" object button has never worked properly for me.

Maybe the code is getting deleted on mine too? I don't know code very well so it's hard for me to tell.

Thank you for any ideas you may have for me.

Former Community Member

Are you using the Distribute functionality to get your form to your users?

Paul

Former Community Member

Is that when you opt to distribute the form after it's been created? If so, I am not.

Former Community Member

Yes that is what I was referring to ......can you send th eform to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look at it when I get a chance.

Paul