5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 11:39 PM by Pharther Phurther

Studdering Video

dagibbo Level 1

Ok folks, I'm at about wits end, if you don't mind watching this video, or just a part of it, it is only 1:17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7scKj7rao This is an AVI export from AE 5.5 imported into Premier 5.5 and just added music and then exported.   This clip played fine a few months ago, now it is studdering.  I hanve't updated any codecs, or anything that I can think of.  Please help, as I've spent the past 3 days without being productive.  Should I uninstall 5.5 and re install it?

Up til now, I've loved EVERYTHING I've done with this, with NO PROBLEMS.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

• 1. Re: Studdering Video
          Jim_Simon Level 8

How does the AE export without music play outside of PP?

• 2. Re: Studdering Video
            dagibbo Level 1

Jim, first of all, did you see the studder that I was talking about?  If so, can you do me a favor and play it again, and see if it studders in the same place?

At first, the video I exported from AE, played fine, then I played it again, and it studdered, then I played it again, and it studdered in a different place?  Wow, this is blowing my mind!

Even on the You Tube video, I watched it, and it seemed to studder in a different place each time, which is just leaving me at a stand still.

• 3. Re: Studdering Video
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I didn't see any stuttering at all.

• 4. Re: Studdering Video
                lasvideo Level 4

Im on a high speed cable modem (10mbps)  on a Mac Pro and the only time I see evidence of "stuttering" is when the camera pans right across the film strip. Ive viewed it at 1080 as well as 240. Looikng at it full screen makes the subtle jumping more evident then viewing at the standard  size. It will pan smoothly jump jump several times then smoothly again.After viewing the same part of the first pan 10 times it seems that the stuttering is random. It never did it in exactly the same place during the repeated viewing. I would look at your master and determine if this problem is more related to playback on youtube.

• 5. Re: Studdering Video
                  Pharther Phurther Level 1

I can see it studder.