2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 9:27 AM by Jim_Simon

Help with importing images in Premiere Pro CS5.5

mattjogrady

Hi all... I'm working on a widescreen ntsc project that mixes video footage with power point slides, which have been exported to BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF... when I look at the images in an external image viewer, they look great... when I import them and drag them in the timeline in Premiere Pro, they look terrible.  The text looks bad.

Since the dimensions of the power point slides are 960x720, I have used the scaler in Premier, and I've also resized them in an external graphics program to about 720x480, but to no avail.

The vexing thing is, I gave a sample full sized slide and footage to a colleague, and he just dragged the slide into the timeline, resized it to the right size and the text is crystal clear.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Matt

• 1. Re: Help with importing images in Premiere Pro CS5.5
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

check your paused and/or playback resolution settings...

I've found TIFF to be the cleanest output from PPT for inclusion in video, and I've also found that the scale to frame size command usually works pretty well within Premiere. However, Photoshop's scaler uses much better algorithms and will give you a much better result. You can do a batch process on all your files and automatically create smaller versions of them if you'd like. Alternatively, you can open PPT and customize the size of your PPT slide, which should scale everything to fit your new size. Then you'll have native 720x480 TIFFs on export from PPT.

• 2. Re: Help with importing images in Premiere Pro CS5.5
            Jim_Simon Level 8

If you're working in a DV sequence, one possibility is that it's set to interlaced, which cuts vertical resolution in half.