• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to use an EBS volume from the stock FMS image on EC2 ?

Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running the instance-store version of FMS in EC2 without any problems.

I'd like some changes to the config to be persisient though.

I've created an AMI (built using the stock CenOS 5.5 and FMS 4.02 AMI's Kernel ID and RAM disk ID) but when I launch it says the "AMI and kernel are incompatible" or similar.

Any ideas ?

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think its possible or even allowed. You need to use only Adobe provided public AMI for using FMS on AWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

I plan on rolling out twenty edge servers in different AWS regions so I hope I don't have to manually tune each edge server whenever there's a broadcast !

Can an admin shed any light please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AMI is based on local instance store and is not EBS backed.

However you can always create "Volumes" which are EBS backed and attach them to your instances. Once you are done, volumes can be detached and the instance terminated.

To create Volumes, you can take a Snapshot and then quickly load the volume from that snapshot itself.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have a volume created as part of the "create AMI" process but I can't boot off the EBS volume can I ? Or mount it as the root drive ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the volume cannot be booted. You can only attach it to the specific instance and access it as the "Device" name you choose while attaching (/dev/sdf through /dev/sdp).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.

That's no good unfortunately.

I'm looking for a few config files to be peristent so I can boot 20 edge servers without having to change origin settings etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines