Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player settings frozen

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I can't use my webcam nor my microphone on webchats.

They work well on iChat, Skype, PhotoBooth, etc.

I can't click on Allow or Deny nor close the window.

I'm using the new MAC OS X LION and I tried on Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome.

Here is a screen picture (in French)

Screen.png

Please, HELP ME!!!!!!! I've been trying to solve this for 9 hours !!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

I put together a short video that walks you through the process of using Flash Player's native control panel and the camera and microphone settings.  Hopefully it helps out.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/880967

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merci de vos nombreuses réponse. m est je parle ou lit que le français est pas l anglais merci encore pour les nombreuses réponse.

Envoyé depuis un mobile Sa.msung

tiddles75 <forums@adobe.com> a écrit :

>

>Hello

>I can't use my webcam nor my microphone on webchats.

>They work well on iChat, Skype, PhotoBooth, etc.

>I can't click on Allow or Deny nor close the window.

>Here is a screen picture (in French)

>http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/76559/Screen.png

>Please, HELP ME!!!!!!! I've been trying to solve this for 9 hours !!!!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately this is a known issue with Flash Player on OSX Lion.

Until a fix is released, you can use the Flash Player Local Settings Manager to modify your Camera and Microphone permissions as a workaround.

The Local Settings Manager is included with Flash Player 10.3, and can be found in System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together a short video that walks you through the process of using Flash Player's native control panel and the camera and microphone settings.  Hopefully it helps out.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/880967

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2011 Jul 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it still doesn't work when using Private Browsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up with private browsing.  I'll talk with the team and see if anyone knows of a different workaround.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to turn off hardware acceleration. The flash video is jerky on certain sites. Is there a workaround for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RedDwarf0042 wrote:

I need to turn off hardware acceleration. The flash video is jerky on certain sites. Is there a workaround for that?

Hi RedDwarf,

Unfortunately I don't know of a workaround for disabling hardware acceleration.  Our next update, which will be out shortly, will address this bug.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem using the new MAC OS X Lion and have also tried in ton Safari & Firefox...Same thing...Can't close it, can't click Allow or Deny...

Frontierville2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scd199720 wrote:

I'm having the same problem using the new MAC OS X Lion and have also tried in ton Safari & Firefox...Same thing...Can't close it, can't click Allow or Deny...

Frontierville2.png

Hi scd,

Can you try going into Flash's native control panel (System Preferences->Flash Player), then selecting the Storage tab and clicking the Local Storage Settings by Site... button.  Look for the entry for assets.frontier.zgncdn.com and change the storage access popup to Allow?  In addition, you might want to verify that "Allow sites to save information on this computer" is also selected on the Storage tab.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines