2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 8:43 AM by [Jongware]

What's a SHAREDCONTENT.RPLN ?

joej224

Hi, I am currently working with indesign 5.04. I have recently received a file from a client that is asking for the "SHAREDCONTENT.RPLN" when I attempt to open the file. Any ideas what this may be? Or how to solve this? I also have a contact that has indesign 5.5 and the file won't open with that version either.

• 1. Re: What's a SHAREDCONTENT.RPLN ?
          John Hawkinson Level 5

InDesign 5.0.4 is InDesign CS3. That is fairly old.

InDesign 7.0.4 is the most recent release of CS5, almost new.

InDesign 7.5.1 is the most recent release of CS5.5, very new.

This message generally appears when trying to open a CS5.5 file in an earlier version.

I suspect your colleague with CS5.5 may have inadvertantly tried the wrong version.

Make sure CS5.5 is open and running and try to open the file with File > Open.

Or test it yourself with the CS5.5 30 day free trial.

Note that you can export to IDML and from CS5.5 and CS4 will be able to read the IDML file, though if new features are used, you may have problems, and there is always the possibility of text reflow.

• 2. Re: What's a SHAREDCONTENT.RPLN ?
            [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

John Hawkinson wrote:

... Or test it yourself with the CS5.5 30 day free trial.

Note that you can export to IDML and from CS5.5 and CS4 will be able to read the IDML file ...

But his CS3 will not. For that, he needs another version: CS4 (this will open the IDML and is able to save as INX).